The best-selling franchise in Xbox 360 history is back, with this slogan Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 launched, to complete the story which most of us loved. The game also launched with an all-new social service similar to Battlefield’s Battlelog called Call of Duty: Elite which has a free and paid membership, the paid membership gives gamers new content for MW3 every month in the form of drops which is a very good addition to keep the game fresh. However, Does MW3 have a visible visual improvement over the previous Call of Duty game developed by infinity ward? If you want the answer for this question you are free to read the review below for this answer.
The core controls and gameplay experience does not differ from the previous infinity ward developed Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 2). However there are still additions to MW3 over MW2 one of these additions is MW3 Survival Mode which is similar to Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombie Mode, there are two main differences in Survival Mode over zombie Mode they are:
- You’re not fighting zombies this time (of course) but this time you’re fighting different military units of different countries
- Enemies Spawn at tactical places and use different weapons unlike Zombies which only melee hit you
- You’re not only attacked by main (or simple) military units but also by Juggernauts. Helicopters
Attack dogs , Chemical Warfare and more.
The other difference in MW3 is that you have the ability to get extra Special Ops Missions by paying Call of Duty: Elite Premium Membership which gives you extra Special Ops Missions as Content Drops.
Another Difference is the Face – Off mode which is available as a playlist which lets you to choose to fight between 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3, Multiplayer Maps does not work in Face Ops Mode, Instead you can Download Maps Made especially for Face-off mode as drops from Call of Duty: Elite if you are an Elite premium member or by Downloading Content Collections with the exception of Aground and Erosion Which are available to all of call of duty gamers out of charge so they can try it out.
Unfortunately Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Graphics is hardly better than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Graphics, As Both of they use the same engine with small differences, However the full ability of MW3 Engine is show in maps like Oasis which is the best map rendered in the series, in mw3 the destructive ability of the engine is shown as well as the explosion simulation ability. However, Mw3 destructive ability is very limited unlike Battlefield 3 which has a separate engine for destruction. But it is worth noting that Battlefield 3 runs at 30 FPS (Frames per Second) as a price for its destructive ability while Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 runs at 60 FPS (Frames per Second) but at the price of giving the gamers a limited amount of destructive ability.
MW3 weapons have different sounds from each weapon to another. However, firing sound difference is clearly noted between weapons from different categories Anyway the weapon firing sounds doesn’t differ mainly from MW2 Weapon sounds which is expected as weapon models doesn’t usually change as the game end and start at the same point .
MW3 is a great game and is ideal for most of the core fan of the series however the lack of a clearly visible change in visuals and the limitation of the destructive ability in the game may be a trouble for some fans of the series since its release.
- Call of duty: Elite is a very good social addition to the series and its features really fit MW3
- The game new content drops system keeps the game fresh
- The New Survival mode is a good alternative for BO Zombie Mode and feels original
- The New Face-Off Mode is a good addition and will satisfy many fans who would like to test their combat abilities against an individual player
- This time the developers fully use the ability if the engine producing fantastically rendered maps like Oasis
- The game still runs at 60 FPS
- Limited Destructive ability
- Not much visual improvement over MW2
Final Game Score: 9.3/10